Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's almost done!

Call me slow or call me lazy. I'd prefer perfectionist.
This project seemed to take longer than I thought it should, but things kept coming up that would delay me getting it done. Mostly family stuff, but the occasional hiccup in the painting or staining would arise that would set me back a little.
I already know I'm going to sell this coffee table and I would hate to sell anything I didn't feel I did my best on. Or that I would be proud to put in my own home. So when minor things came up I wanted to make sure they were addressed right. So I took my time. And I'm glad I did. It turned out beautifully. I just finished putting the lacquer on it this morning so it will need a day or two to set but pictures are coming.
Here is a sneak peak:
Sorry for the ugly background of my garage, but I don't dare bring it inside until the lacquer sets for fear my kids will do something to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment